• Polski
  • English
  • Română

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do you help for free/what is your business?

We have direct contracts with universities, so we receive commissions for each referral, therefore the applicant pays nothing out of pocket, and everyone benefits. Universities would not have so many students without our help because not everyone knows what it is like.

How many days a week does your studies last?

2-3 days a week. We have universities that also offer day, evening, or weekend courses and these are full-time studies. Certain universities have half of their courses online.

Do you enrol for part-time studies?

Unfortunately, we do not enrol you on a part-time programme because you would not receive full funding in a row, and the studies then last a minimum of 5 years. The full-time course is only 2-3 days, so there is no point in applying for part-time studies.

Is it known on which days you will study?

That depends on the university. At GBS and QA, we can specify which days the studies are held. However, at the Metropolitan and Bedfordshire, the timetable is sent 48 hours after registering at the university, and registration is two weeks before the start of the course.

Do you have to hand in your study grant?

You do not have to give back your study grant if you do not exceed your earnings of £27k per annum. Once exceeded, it is 9% of the earnings difference and taken as added tax from your payslips. With earnings of £30k a year the monthly repayment is about £20 (read more at https://www.ucas.com/student-finance-england/repaying-your-student-loan).
It is all written off after 30 years, regardless of whether someone has repaid the subsidy.

What if I move to Poland?

Then repayment starts only after exceeding £16k, i.e. approximately PLN 85k per year. Read more at

Can I withdraw from my studies?

Yes, you can withdraw from your studies. There are various options. You can either suspend your studies and come back later or withdraw completely. If you are in the middle or at the end of the academic year, we recommend you not to withdraw but to wait until the school has discharged you at the end of the year so that they do not cause any trouble with your funding.

What if i receive benefits?

In this case, if you want to get an extra living allowance, it is counted as income, and benefits may be reduced. For a single parent, it calculates differently, and you can keep your benefits and the grant. Of course, you can apply just for the study allowance without the living allowance.

What if my language is too poor?

We recommend enroling in a foundation year which prepares you for university. There are also universities, e.g. in Luton, where the foundation year is only about learning the language. There is also a pre-college tutoring option, during which you can develop your language skills and continue them during your foundation year. We have tutors you can work with.

Does the funding affect the mortgage?

No, it does not affect it in any way.

What if I have a bad credit score. Can I get a grant?

Yes, credit score does not affect the grant in any way.

What if I do not pass my year?

Even if you have failed a year of studies, you can improve it. Each unit you need to improve costs £500, and you can apply for funding. In most cases, you only need to improve these two units throughout the semester.

How many years does a degree take?

If you get into a foundation year, it is four years.
If you get into the first year, it is three years.
In most cases, a master’s degree in England only takes one year.

Can I get funding for my master's?

Yes, you will receive £11,222 into your account and you will ned to arrange with the university to repay the course.
If the course costs, for example, £7,400, we transfer this amount to the university and the rest goes to your account for your own expenses.

How many days a week does the Master's last?

1-3 days per week, depending on the university or course.

What are the hours of classes at the university?

Daytime classes are from 9 am to 5 pm, evening classes are from 6 pm to 9 pm, weekend classes are on Friday evening and all day on Saturday from 9 am-to 5 pm (Not every university offers evening classes or weekend).

How is the grant paid?

It is paid in 3 instalments over the academic year. To get the grant, the university must send your attendance at classes to the Student Finance England organisation and then they send the money. The first instalment should be credited to your account and the university’s account no later than one month after starting your course.

How much attendance do I have to have?

To complete the year and obtain full funding, approximately 60% attendance must be achieved.

What is it like to study in England?

Studies in England are quite different from studies in Poland because you only study what is related to your field. There are 2-3 days per week and on the remaining days you can work as much as you want. At most universities, you do your coursework at home. Most information can be found on our website:

Can you transfer from one university to another?

Yes, but only for foundation year or Year 1. Further years of study may have different subjects depending on the university, plus you may not get Student Finance England funding in next years.

Can I work during my studies?

Yes, you can work as much as you like during your studies, but if you have been in the UK for less than 5 years and have pre-settled status, you should be working for a minimum of 15 hours a week or earning £800 a month in order to qualify for life support. That does not apply to tuition fee money.

What if I lose my job?

If you have pre-settle status and have been in the UK for less than 5 years and you lose your job, then you can take a maximum of 2 weeks between jobs to continue to receive your maintenance payment. If it is longer than this, you may be able to show by email that you are actively looking for work and arranging interviews with employers, which may also be considered.
If you have settled status and have been in the UK for more than 5 years, it does not matter whether you are working or not.

What if I am not working but have pre-settled status?

In this case you can apply on your husband’s earnings.

What can I do after my degree?

If you want to find out what jobs are available after completing your degree, please go to:

Can I apply to university without a matura certificate?

Yes, we have universities that enrol students without a high school diploma or without a certificate for a foundation year.

What is a foundation year?

A foundation year is a year of remedial coursework for students with limited or no language skills, which replaces the baccalaureate. The year includes the classes that appear in Year 1, and the teachers prepare the applicant for university. It is as fully funded as Year 1. In this year, you can write essays and do presentations. For more information, please visit:

Can I study a second course in England?

Unfortunately, you can only study one course for which you are eligible for funding. However, there are exceptions on some courses that are still in demand. For more information, visit:

Can I study online?

Unfortunately, we do not have online degree programmes. These were only available during COVID. We can only offer one day at university and one day online for QA higher education courses. Fully online studies are also not subsidised by the government.

Who can get funding?

Anyone with pre-settled/settled status, a UK passport, or indefinite leave to remain.

What if my employer does not want to give me days off to study?

In English law, if a company has more than 250 employees, the employer is obliged to modify the work schedule to allow you to study. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/training-study-work-your-rights

Up to what age can I apply?

There is no age limit.

When is the enrolment period for UK studies?

You can sign up for various sessions. Obviously, the largest takes place in September, where studies start at the end of that month. The second large session is the winter session, in which studies begin at the end of January. Universities also offer the possibility to start studies from April, June, and November, but with a limited number of courses.